If you are seeking census data for redistricting purposes you must use the adjusted population count located at the Redistricting Website
(For experienced users only)
Census 2010 Demographic Profiles
Release Date: May 26, 2011
|Geographic Level :||Jurisdiction || Census Incorporated Place || Census Designated Place || Congressional District || Maryland State Senate District || Maryland State Legislative District|
Additional 2010 Census demographic and housing characteristics are also available at the link below. Demographic profiles provide more detail for race and ethnicity, age, household relationship and housing tenure (owner vs. renter).
Census 2010 Data
- Index of Data Releases
- By County / Baltimore City
- By Race and Hispanic Origin
- Cities, Towns and Other Census Places
- By Ages
- Raw Data
(for experienced users only)
Public Law 94-171 Data
- Census 2010 Summary File One Data
- Demographic Profiles of Population and Housing Characteristics
- Advance Group Quarters Summary File
- Download Boundary Tiger Shape Files by Geographic Level
- Public Law 94-171 Data (full set on one page)
- Population Counts (for States only)
Census 2010 Redistricting (Public Law 94-171) Data
Release Date: February 9, 2011
The Census 2010 Redistricting Summary File contains summary statistics on counts for the total population (table PL1 and PL2 - see explanation of column heading below), for the population 18 years and over, (table PL3 and P4 - see explanation of column heading below), occupancy status on housing unit and population counts by race and by Non-Hispanic origin. Data are available for many geographic areas, including states, counties, places, census tracts, and blocks.
For State of Maryland
Data are splits into two files: total population and population 18 years and over.
Geographic areas are available for states, counties, places, census tracts, block groups and blocks as following :
- Explanation of Maryland's County (FIPS) Code
- Explanation of Geographic Headings for 2010 Census Data : PDF or XLS
- Explanation of Column Headings for 2010 Census Data : PDF or XLS
( Data files for state, counties, places, census tracts and block groups are in Excel (XLS) format.
Data files for blocks are in Database (.DBF) format and zipped. The unzipped files are 109MB in size.
The most efficient way to use the block data is saving it onto your hard drive before viewing it. )
This page was last updated: 2011-06-06